Spanish Language Coaching
Students can now learn how to speak and write in Spanish through our immersive coaching sessions that tie language and executive function.
What does being bilingual have to do with executive function?
At EF Specialists, we believe in the importance of cultural awareness to help our students understand and appreciate the value of different cultures and languages. The benefits of bilingualism have been researched and studied for many years, and the results have proven to be overwhelmingly positive in the areas of academic performance and executive function control. Studies have shown that bilingual individuals consistently outperform their monolingual counterparts on tasks involving executive control. The constant use of two languages by bilinguals leads to changes in the configuration of the executive control network and results in more efficient performance on executive control tasks, even those that are completely nonverbal (Bialystok 2011).
This is why we have created a program that combines learning Spanish and executive function coaching, the Spanish Language Coaching Program. By enrolling in this unique service, your child will receive their coaching in Spanish and English.
Our team of bilingual professionals will create and implement a coaching plan that is tailored to the individual's unique language capabilities and goals.
Learn more about our Spanish Language Coaching by reviewing our frequently asked questions below:
Watch this video to learn more about the benefits of bilingualism!
Frequently asked questions
What level of Spanish can my child learn through the Spanish Language Coaching Program?
What would a session in the Spanish Language Coaching Program consist of?
The session structure depends greatly on the student's language goals. The student has the option of receiving their executive function coaching using only Spanish during the session, or a combination of 50/50 in English and Spanish. If needed, Spanish tutoring could also be incorporated into the session time, where the coach and student work on Spanish class assignments.
How can learning Spanish help my child in school?
- Enhanced mental and cognitive development
What are the benefits of being bilingual?
- Advanced cognitive development: Research has shown that bilingual children have stronger working memory, critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and are able to make decisions.
What can I do at home that would help my child with their Spanish language acquisition?
How long will it take my child to learn Spanish?
Who would benefit from enrolling in this program?
- Students interested in developing their bilingual skills
- Students pursuing Spanish majors
- Clients pursuing studying and/or working abroad opportunities in Spanish-speaking communities or countries.
- Bridging the communication gap between non-English speaking family members and English-speaking family members.
- Professionals employed in bilingual and/or Spanish speaking industries and careers